20 miles from Shore Street, Applecross.
The story of weaving in Lochcarron started in 1938 when Mr Wood came from Galashiels, in the Scottish Borders, home of the company to teach the art of weaving to the people of Lochcarron. With him came Mrs Buchanan who managed the new workplace.
Local wool spun by the women of Lochcarron and the surrounding parishes was used in the making of tweeds, white blankets and rugs.
In 1949 the first length of tartan was woven. Since then, the weaving of tartan has grown steadily and today, Lochcarron Weavers manufacture the world's largest range of tartans.
Weaving demonstrations are given throughout the year.
The Mill Shop provides a superb range of knitwear, tartan and tweeds, cashmere, lambs wool and mohair products. Made-to-measure Highland dresswear is a speciality.
Tel: 01520 722212